Physical Therapy in Girard (Barabas Physical Therapy)
Stephanie A. Boyce, PT, DPT
- Stephanie is a 2016 graduate of Gannon University where she earned a Doctorate of Physical Therapy, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports and Exercise Science. Upon graduation, Stephanie began work at Hertel and Brown Physical and Aquatic Therapy. Her time there focused on managing various orthopedic and neurological conditions with both land and aquatic-based treatment. In May 2017, Stephanie joined the Barabas Physical Therapy team – an MRS Physical Therapy Facility, in Girard, PA. Starting in March of 2018, Stephanie also began practicing at the Erie location of MRS P.T.
- Stephanie is certified through WorkWell to perform functional capacity evaluations (FCEs), which is the physical assessment of an injured worker or accident victim designed to measure his or her ability to perform work-related tasks. In addition to this certification, she is certified to use the Functional Movement System Level 1 and Y-Balance Testing to assess motor control and movement symmetry. Stephanie has completed coursework for the McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® for the lumbar spine and plans to continue training with the McKenzie Institute®. Stephanie’s passions include improving her manual therapy skills and using therapeutic taping to facilitate the healing process by reducing pain, providing stability to muscles and joints, and optimizing performance during rehabilitation.
- A Harborcreek, PA native, Stephanie now resides in Girard, PA. During her free time, Stephanie enjoys the outdoors, yoga, and all things Pittsburgh.
Timothy Hess, PTA, Cert. ART Practitioner
- Tim is a 2001 graduate of Mercyhurst University where he earned an Associates of Science Degree, Physical Therapist Assistant. Tim has worked at Barabas P.T. in Girard, PA since graduation and was the Business Manager at this location for fourteen years. In 2014, MRS P.T. acquired Barabas P.T. where Tim continues to manage the practice as Facility Director. He is a Certified Practitioner of Active Release Techniques (ART) and has completed course work through the McKenzie Institute and The Mulligan Concept.
- Born and raised in Erie County PA, Tim is a Veteran of The United States Army and PA National Guard where he served proudly for 22 years. He is an avid Fly fisherman and currently resides in Lake City, PA with his wife and two sons.
Christin Martin, Administrative Professional
- Christin began her career at Barabas P.T. in 2005, where she worked as a Physical Therapy Technician and performed office duties as well. In 2011, Christin began working as the Office Manager performing clerical duties that included billing support. In 2014, MRS P.T. acquired Barabas P.T. where Christin currently works as an Administrative Professional.
- Christin was born and raised in Erie County PA, where she currently resides with her fiancé. In her free time, she enjoys camping with family and friends. Christin also enjoys time spent with her dog.