HydroWorx Aquatic Therapy
On October 20th, 2020, Barabas Physical Therapy is bringing you the most advanced aquatic therapy in Erie, PA. The HydroWorx EVO Series harnesses the power of water for everyone from physical therapy patients to professional athletes.
This revolutionary therapy pool can provide truly amazing results for patients who are suffering from a wide range of diseases, injuries and conditions including:
- Orthopedic and post-surgical rehab
- Chronic Pain
- Gait Instability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
Aquatic therapy helps patients and athletes start rehabilitation much sooner because water provides a non-weight bearing environment. The HydroWorx EVO has many distinct features that set it apart from standard therapy pools.
- Integrated water treadmill surface has a cushioned low-impact design with excellent traction
- Variable water depth to challenge athletes or progress patients from water to land
- Resistance jets essential for deep tissue massage, water therapy, rehabilitation, or sports performance training
The HydroWorx EVO opens a world of possibilities to patients who are unable to do traditional, land-based therapy. The buoyancy of the water supports the body. It provides low or no impact resistance that helps patients improve mobility, strength and function more rapidly than with traditional therapy alone.
Come see for yourself how Barabas Physical Therapy's HydroWorx Aquatic Therapy Pool uses the power of water to bring the most advanced aquatic therapy to you, right here in Girard, PA.
To learn more or schedule your aquatic therapy contact Barabas Physical Therapy at 814.774.4100.
Physical Therapy in Girard (Barabas Physical Therapy)
Timothy Hess, PTA, Cert. ART Practitioner
- Tim is a 2001 graduate of Mercyhurst University where he earned an Associates of Science Degree, Physical Therapist Assistant. Tim has worked at Barabas P.T. in Girard, PA since graduation and was the Business Manager at this location for fourteen years. In 2014, MRS P.T. acquired Barabas P.T. where Tim continues to manage the practice as Facility Director. He is a Certified Practitioner of Active Release Techniques (ART) and has completed course work through the McKenzie Institute and The Mulligan Concept.
- Born and raised in Erie County PA, Tim is a Veteran of The United States Army and PA National Guard where he served proudly for 22 years. He is an avid Fly fisherman and currently resides in Lake City, PA with his wife and two sons.
Christin Martin, Administrative Professional
- Christin began her career at Barabas P.T. in 2005, where she worked as a Physical Therapy Technician and performed office duties as well. In 2011, Christin began working as the Office Manager performing clerical duties that included billing support. In 2014, MRS P.T. acquired Barabas P.T. where Christin currently works as an Administrative Professional.
- Christin was born and raised in Erie County PA, where she currently resides with her fiancé. In her free time, she enjoys camping with family and friends. Christin also enjoys time spent with her dog.